Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 2 Famous Last Words

Note to self.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons 2007.)

This last week of class, I really enjoyed writing about Apuleius's Cupid & Psyche, because it opened a creative gateway for me to explore the personality of Venus and develop her character further. I love the villain type characters! To get into a writing groove, I always pick stories or rhymes that stood out to me in the first place. It's always easier to write when you already have a good feeling about what you're basing it off of. I like to pick stories that could have advanced with different endings or rhymes that leave a lot of room to expand on, using broad statements or trying to change figurative wording to literal wording. I am very particular about the writing style I use, mostly third person active voice. I have always used this style to 
write stories.

I feel like I am really getting a lot of good vibes from other people's storytelling! I love reading the creativity people can bring forward and the twists that they come up with. It always intrigues me to see what kind of writing style other people use, because I feel as if I am not very strong at other styles. 

I had a bit of a tough week this week and I feel like I really need to make sure I get into a good habit and routine of completing everything in a timely fashion. Between school and work, it is easy to lose my sense of time and that trips me up often. Overall, I am really enjoying this class and I think it is really serving as a creative outlet for my writing and my art. It's a lot of fun to be able to put twists on stories and I have really missed writing fun things! I am hoping that each week challenges me in new ways and I am able to put forth excellent work.



2 comments:

  1. Some of the best stories written (and something that has become very popular as of recent) is telling stories from the villain's perspective. There are always two sides to every story but no one ever gives the villain the benefit of the doubt. You should really consider your final project being from several villains perspectives! It would be so awesome! Your writing style is great, and you really seem to have it down. I'm glad you are enjoying this class as much as I am. Your writing is giving me more and more ideas! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cupid & Psyche too for the same but different reason! It really got my creative juices flowing but I had what I'll call "new-writer's-block" and couldn't figure out how to do anything with the story. I kind of want to go back and develop the characters, too. I'll have to read your story to see what you did! :)

    ReplyDelete