Monday, August 18, 2014

Blogger Templates Tech Tip

After reading the blogger template tech tips, I chose the Ethereal template in pink. Pink is my favorite color and it was very easy on the eyes, and I was able to customize the layout of my columns! The background was already very nice with the hummingbirds, which happen to be my favorite birds, and I love the overall simple look of the template. Using only two columns on each side of my blog posts makes for a balanced look with just enough info to fill in the simplistic scheme. I kept the standard fonts and color scheme, because I felt as if it was already set up in a fashion that I approved of.

I think simple layouts help keep the focus on the content of the blog without being overpowering. Sometimes too much going on can be a bad thing, especially if it's leading the audience away from what is really important!

As far as blogging goes, I have some experience in personal blogging with wordpress.com in relations to my art hobbies. I also used a very simple setup for my personal blog, with a navigation bar, archive, and about me being the only other content other than my blog posts. Blogging is an awesome way to keep content organized and that is really what got me into it in the first place! I love writing and having a place to gather all my samples and thoughts is really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment