Saturday, August 16, 2014

Week 1: Alaska and Scotland! My Favorite Places!

Travel has always been a huge part of my life. I've been fortunate enough to see many places already and I am always looking forward to seeing more! The world is so big and diverse that I want to spend my life traveling, learning, and experiencing new things, places, and culture.

One of my favorite places is Anchorage, Alaska! I have visited Anchorage twice now, once during the summer time and once during the winter time. My brother is in the Army and currently resides in Alaska and I have been blessed to visit there because of that. Both the winter and summer times are beautiful in incredibly different ways and each time was a unique experience.

"Anchorage on an April evening" by Frank Kovalchek. 

My second favorite place is Scotland. I visited Scotland once so far and was able to experience several wonderful areas there, such as Loch Ness, Edinburgh, and Glasgow, as well as several smaller towns. The country side of Scotland is the most beautiful land I have witnessed thus far with valleys that span the horizon and fabulous weather. The folk were so friendly and the pubs were incredibly fun!

"Loch Ness Rocks" by Ben Buxton.

While these serve as my favorite places, I've visited many areas of the United States as well as England and Italy. Every experience I treasure deeply and I cannot wait to see new and wonderful places in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am jealous, Desiree! Alaska and Scotland are two places that I have not visited, and there are two places very much on my want-to-go list! In part, I am fascinated by both of these places because they are connected to some great mythological and folkloric traditions - I may not have visited these places but i have read a LOT of stories from Alaska and Scotland, and you will find both places well represented in the readings for this class. I hope you will enjoy getting to re-visit these places by way of their stories! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am so jealous! I love to travel too, but I have never been to Alaska. That looks incredible and gorgeous. I loved Scotland when I visited. We hiked near Edinburgh on Hadrians Wall, it was so beautiful. Your trips sound so fun and wonderful! I hope that after I graduate I can make a trip to Europe and see all the countries I've always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete