Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: Un-textbook

Here are my choices for the units!

Week 2: I chose Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche because fairy tales and romance are by FAR my favorite genre! "Beauty and the Beast" happens to be my favorite Disney movie as well, so I think this will be an excellent choice for my week 2 reading.

Week 3: Also an easy pick based off the description, Jewish Fairy Tales is my pick for week 3. I am particularly interested in the legends because I will be able to recognize a lot of the characters! Mostly, however, what really intrigues me is the animal legends.

Week 4: This is where I had the hardest time picking. I think I will do Ancient Egypt, because the tales of gods and goddesses can be really interesting and I don't know much about tales of Egyptian magic! It is a topic I have some knowledge on but would love to expand.

Week 5: Persian Fairy Tales sounds very intriguing as well, and so I believe I will pick those! Werewolf legends are very interesting, but the other supernatural power stories have captured my attention as well. Demons in particular is something I would love to read about. Have you figured out that I REALLY REALLY love supernatural and fairy tale genres?!

Week 6: Japanese Mythology is the pick of the week for me, because the story sounds very interesting as far as the sun goddess and how Izanagi goes to the land of the dead! I'm very interested in learning about these gods and goddesses.

Week 7: To follow up, I am choosing Chinese Fairy Tales in order to give me an understanding from a different cultural perspective! I wonder why the dog and cat are enemies?!

For the rest of the weeks, I'll follow up on this post. For now, I think this is a good head start and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of the semester's options soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment