Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 5 Essay: My Reading Memories

Reading has always been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. As of right now, I have shelves and shelves of books of all genres and that does not even include my electronic media! As early as I can remember, my mom and my grandpa would read books to me, but one small book in particular was my favorite as a kid. It was The Three Little Kittens by Mother Goose. I would read it over and over and eventually I could recite it by memory. As a small child, I remember reading books from my school library. I would read anything I could get my hands on!

Little kittens.
(Image Information: Torti Kittens by Nancy Wong (2013). Source: Wikimedia Commons.)


From there I started to get into reading the fantasy genre, such as Harry Potter. They were my favorite series for the longest time because I really felt like I could immerse myself into the world of magic and mythical creatures. When I would get the next book, I would spend hours reading it and the only time I would put it down was to sleep! Of course, the magic of Harry Potter stirred my interest in more than just wizards.

As a young adult, I started to read a lot of Vampire and Werewolf genre books! They were my favorite and still are today because I love the idea of double lives! I am huge into The Vampire Diaries and a book series by Christine Feehan, which is more in the adult romance genre but her books have very good in-depth plot!


I think that because my family started reading to me when I was just a baby and kept me interested in stories, I was really able to find my love in reading as an adult. I read stories all the time, whether they are short stories online or novels. It really is a good way to keep my imagination going and to find myself in worlds that are not reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment