Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary Assessment

I think for me, the reading diary posts help me keep my focus during the stories. By taking notes for each story, I can really assess the plot and the characters rather than reading through them and forgetting. At the beginning of the semester, I would take too many notes and did not focus on my favorites but once I started doing that, I was really able to start enjoying doing the reading diaries. However, this is not my favorite part of the course so I often end up doing the half-reading option when I have really busy weeks. The half-reading option is a great way to be able to still get the most out of the course when I feel overwhelmed.

I try to keep my diary posts focused on the main points of the plot and which characters stand out to me. The details that really astonish me or leave a lasting impression are very important for me to note too because that helps me remember the stories. I tend to record my thoughts about the story in a personal way. In the future, I am considering noting my favorite quotes and phrases in my diaries as well because that will also help me remember.

I do not add images because I do not believe it would add to the diaries. Adding images would not help me recall my entries!

A few things I am going to try from now on is keeping ahead on my diary readings and being sure to choose a unit that grabs my interest more. I do not often look back on my diaries either so I want to be start doing that as well, but I believe I remember the stories pretty good without looking back too simply because recording my thoughts makes it easier to. These strategies would be helpful in my other classes too because looking back refreshes my memory. Reviewing information over and over helps recall it faster!

Overall, the reading diaries are helpful for me. I would have a much harder time remembering the stories without them, so I am going to stick to my current style of writing but try to review more!

No comments:

Post a Comment