Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 15: Writing

What I enjoyed most was the storybook. While I was unable to finish much of it, it was my favorite part of this class! You set that up in a way that really let us be creative and have fun with it. The storytelling is fun but I feel like sometimes I lack motivation to do it when there are units/weeks that the stories do not interest me as much. So I think the storybook is for sure my favorite part of the writing (as well as reading) of this class.

I chose the Storybook and yes, I loved the story I created for it! I think you already have it set up in a way that makes it clear for people whether or not they would enjoy the storybook or the portfolio.

For commenting on storytelling and storybooks, just be sure to read the whole story then comment on your thoughts. Sometimes it can be hard to think of what to say, but I feel like if you read the whole thing then reflect on the moral, point of the story, what's being taught by the characters or what can be learned from the characters, and those sorts of questions can really help come up with what to say.

Comments about ways to make my storybook more interesting helped me. Such as what details people were wanting more of (a certain relationship between characters, more environmental details, etc) helped me created better stories.

I LOVED THIS CLASS. And yes! It really helped me learn about creative writing. The tips and information available as well as people's comments and professor comments really brought me a long way. It is an exceptional class.

I will always write fantasy and romance stories, because creativity to me is so important. I might continue to write the Princess Constellations in an original writing, because I am in love with that idea now. Even if I do not use storytelling to do it, I think I am going to come up with my own unique stories to base it on the concept.

Stay ahead in this class. Sometimes life has different plans than you make and it can really be a bummer to get behind. Once you're behind, it's hard to catch up. ENJOY the class! It's one of the most fun classes you can have at OU if you are into mythology, reading, and writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment